Great Ocean Road Travel and Flights
Flights and Travel into Great Ocean Road
The Great Ocean Road is a stunning scenic drive located in Victoria, Australia. Here's how you can travel to this beautiful region:
If you are coming from a long distance, the closest major airport is Melbourne Airport (MEL). From the airport, you can:
- Hire a car and drive to Great Ocean Road (approximately 1.5 to 2 hours).
- Take a shuttle service or taxi to Southern Cross Station in Melbourne, then catch a V/Line train or coach to Geelong, and finally hire a car or take a local bus to Great Ocean Road.
If you prefer to drive to Great Ocean Road, follow these instructions:
- From Melbourne, take Princes Highway (M1) towards Geelong.
- Continue on M1 until you reach the town of Winchelsea.
- From Winchelsea, take Barrabool Road (C151) and follow the signs to Torquay.
- Once you reach Torquay, you will enter the official start of the Great Ocean Road.
- Continue driving along this iconic coastal road, enjoying the breathtaking views and stopping at various attractions along the way.
By Public Transport
To travel to Great Ocean Road using public transport:
- Take a V/Line train or coach from Southern Cross Station in Melbourne to Geelong.
- From Geelong, you can hire a car, join a guided tour, or take a local bus to reach Great Ocean Road.
- There are also tour operators that provide day trips or multi-day tours from Melbourne to Great Ocean Road.
No matter which mode of transportation you choose, be sure to plan your visit ahead of time, as well as check for any road closures or weather conditions that may affect your journey. Enjoy the scenic drive and explore the natural wonders of the Great Ocean Road!
How to get Sale and Discount Flights for Great Ocean Road locals and Victoria visitors
Through an agreement we have between our trusted travel network partner Kayak and www.greatoceanroad.guide we are delighted to offer you Heavily Discounted Flights and Car Hire. Here you can use the same services most Travel Agents use without the price markup. Enjoy :-) Simply Visit..